Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Complete

The Great Office Move of 2007 is complete! (more or less)

I'm now crammed in the back corner of what was once my office in a teensy cube. Don't lean back, you'll smack your head.

I have become one of those knitters that takes a piece with me everywhere. I purchased a very cute bag that fits all my basics (wallet, meds, phone, keys) plus a paperback, a couple of files, and now a half-knit sock. It looks kind of like this but a little less hippie. Denim blues with brown leather straps. Absolutely perfect! And, of course, I got it at Marshall's. (It's not $70 worth of perfect.)

Anyway, the point is, that sock for Dad now gets whipped out everytime I have my hands free for a few seconds. Or when I need to take the edge off. Needless to say, it's coming along pretty quickly. I mean, c'mon, I don't have enough space in my cube to do yoga (I used to) and drinking at work is frowned upon. What else am I gonna do?

Now that the weather is cooling off a little, I may be able to work on the Gigantic Wool Sweater. Hubby has been asking if he will get to wear it this fall. I should probably let him see me do a few rounds on it. But really, who wants 15 pounds of wool on their lap on a 90+ day?

Ravelry: have you seen this? Must. Get. On. It even has a needle inventory. I want to reach through my computer screen and kiss these people. They are doing beta testing now, but you can sign up to get on the list of beta testers, and eventually the final product. Support this site. I'm not kidding. I hate Facebook and MySpace (though I do have accounts, mostly for business reasons). I think I've hated them because I've been waiting for Ravelry to come along.

Other stuff: I just finished (in, like, twelve hours) All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris. If you haven't read the Southern Vampire Mystery Series, you have to pick them up. Everytime I get to the end of one of these books, I can't believe it's finished. I want more. Give me more. So now I have to pine away for another year until the next one comes out. Sigh.

This post needs images. I need to track down my camera and start getting some knitting photos on the blog. Hmmm...

No comments: